Answers for Travel

Want to Travel with Pretty Girl?

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Need help packing for beach vacation?

Next week my husband and I are taking our 4 and 3 year old to SC. This will be their first trip to the beach. Really it's our first vacation as a family. I'm extremely overwhelmed and besides the basics, what should I bring. We will be there for 5 day/ 4 nights.



Ok, I have been on three major trips with my daughter. I drove from PA to IL when she was 10 months, also down to SC around the same time, and last year right before she turned 3, I went from PA to DE.





You will definitely the basics: diapers and wipes if they aren't trained, obviously clothes-pjs and day clothes, sippy cups and kid plates if you're not eating out every day, snacks for the trip (even if you're traveling at night), a box of toys per child to give them something to do, movies/games for down-time, bathing suits, swimmer diaper things (again if they aren't trained), sand toys, beach shoes so the stones and stuff don't hurt, lots of sunscreen, chap-stick with an SPF, hats for both for the beach, towels, their own bed stuff (pillows, blankies, stuffed animals) to keep them comforted at night.





That should be good. Trip planning is overwhelming in general and when you add even 1 child, it's tough. I suggest writing a list of EVERYTHING you are taking and checking off as you pack it that way you can be sure you have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel with Me

Travel